Sensory-Friendly Story Time
Thursday, March 9th at 11AM
Join us for sensory-friendly story time on the second Thursdays of January, February and March from 11-11:30AM! All are welcome and story time is free of charge.
What makes Sensory-Friendly Story Time special?
- No music will play in the store before 12PM.
- Steps will be taken to keep animals calm, quiet, and happy, including covering the noisy birds' cages so that they sleep during story time.
- Small objects, such as balls or small figurines, will be available for children to hold if they choose.
- Visual distractions will be minimized.
- There will be a clear schedule for story time with visual cues. Children will always be aware of what is coming next and how much longer story time will last.
- As with all of our story times, this is a no judgement zone! We all have unique needs and ways of expressing ourselves, and we at Wild Rumpus welcome and celebrate those differences.