How to Train Your Dragon (Paperback)
On Our Shelves Now (Subject to Availability)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 1 in the How to Train Your Dragon series.
- #2: How to Be a Pirate (How to Train Your Dragon #2) (Prebound): $19.80
- #3: How to Speak Dragonese (How to Train Your Dragon #3) (Compact Disc): $49.99
- #4: HOW TO CHEAT A DRAGON'S CURSE (How to Train Your Dragon #4) (Hardcover): Email or call for price.
- #5: How to Twist a Dragon's Talebook 5 (Paperback): $12.25
- #6: A Hero's Guide to Deadly Dragonsbook 6 (Paperback): $12.25
- #7: How to Ride a Dragon's Storm (How to Train Your Dragon #7) (Prebound): $19.80
- #8: HOW TO BREAK A DRAGON'S HEART (How to Train Your Dragon #8) (Hardcover): Email or call for price.
- #9: HOW TO STEAL A DRAGON'S SWORD (How to Train Your Dragon #9) (Hardcover): $12.99
- #10: HOW TO SEIZE A DRAGON'S JEWEL (How to Train Your Dragon #10) (Paperback): $8.99
- #11: How to Train Your Dragon: How to Betray a Dragon's Hero Lib/E (Compact Disc): $49.99
- #12: HOW TO FIGHT A DRAGON'S FURY (How to Train Your Dragon #12) (Hardcover): Email or call for price.
Read the New York Times bestselling book that inspired the hit movies!
Hiccup Horrendous Haddock III, the quiet and thoughtful son of the Chief of the Hairy Hooligans, tries to pass the important initiation test of his Viking clan by catching and training a dragon. Can Hiccup do it without being torn limb from limb?
Join his adventures and misadventures as he finds a new way to train dragons--and becomes a hero. This action-packed, hilarious, and perfectly illustrated novel is a modern classic beloved by millions across the globe.
About the Author
Cressida Cowell is the #1 internationally bestselling author and illustrator of The Wizards of Once and the How to Train Your Dragon series. She grew up in London and on a small, uninhabited island off the west coast of Scotland, where she spent her time writing stories, fishing for things to eat, and exploring the island. She now lives in Hammersmith, England, with her husband, three children, and a dog named Pigeon.
Praise for How to Train Your Dragon:
"Short chapters, clever slapstick, kid-pleasing character names and goofy, childlike drawings will keep even reluctant readers turning these pages--and chuckling as they go."Publishers Weekly
"A narrative rich in dragon muck... genuinely fierce [and] intelligent."Kirkus
"...This is a goofy and exciting tale of an underdog who proves that brains can be just as important as brawn. Kids will hoot at the ridiculous names and sympathize with Hiccup's exasperation with his truly obstinate but strangely lovable dragon. A delightful read."School Library Journal
"This hilarious farce will appeal to heroic fiction fans."Booklist