Allergic to Girls, School, and Other Scary Things (Hardcover)
Other Books in Series
- #1: Alvin Ho: Allergic to Girls, School, and Other Scary Things (Paperback): $6.99
- #2: Alvin Ho: Allergic to Camping, Hiking, and Other Natural Disasters (Paperback): $6.99
- #3: Alvin Ho: Allergic to Birthday Parties, Science Projects, and Other Man-made Catastrophes (Paperback): $6.99
- #4: Alvin Ho: Allergic to Dead Bodies, Funerals, and Other Fatal Circumstances (Paperback): $6.99
- #5: Alvin Ho: Allergic to Babies, Burglars, and Other Bumps in the Night (Paperback): $6.99
- #6: Alvin Ho: Allergic to the Great Wall, the Forbidden Palace, and Other Tourist Attractions (Paperback): $6.99
Here's the first book in the beloved and hilarious Alvin Ho chapter book series, which has been compared to Diary of a Wimpy Kid and is perfect for both beginning and reluctant readers.
Alvin, an Asian American second grader, is afraid of "everything" elevators, tunnels, girls, and, most of all, school. He's so afraid of school that, while he's there, he never, "ever, "says a word. But at home he's a very loud superhero named Firecracker Man, a brother to Calvin and Anibelly, and a gentleman-in-training, so he can be just like his dad.
From Lenore Look and "New York Times" bestselling illustrator LeUyen Pham comes a drop-dead-funny and touching series with a truly unforgettable character.
Shares with Diary of a Wimpy Kid the humor that stems from trying to manipulate the world. "Newsday"
Alvin's a winner. "New York Post.
About the Author
Lenore Look is the author of the popular Alvin Ho series, as well as the Ruby Lu series. She has also written several acclaimed picture books, including "Henry s First-Moon Birthday, Uncle Peter s Amazing Chinese Wedding, " and "Brush of the Gods." Lenore lives in Hoboken, New Jersey.
LeUyen Pham is the illustrator of the Alvin Ho series, as well as "The Best Birthday Party Ever" by Jennifer LaRue Huget; "Grace for President "by Kelly DiPucchio, a "New York Times" bestseller; and the Freckleface Strawberry series by Julianne Moore. She is the author and illustrator of the picture books "Big Sister, Little Sister "and "All the Things I Love About You." LeUyen lives in San Francisco. Learn more at leuyenpham.com."
Starred Review, Kirkus Reviews, June 15, 2008:
“A witty glossary and Pham’s simple yet expressive line drawings perfectly complement this appealing story about the refreshingly original, endearing Alvin.”
Starred Review, Publishers Weekly, July 7, 2008:
"Look's . . . intuitive grasp of children's emotions is rivaled only by her flair for comic exaggeration."