Alvin Ho: Allergic to Babies, Burglars, and Other Bumps in the Night (Paperback)
On Our Shelves Now (Subject to Availability)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 5 in the Alvin Ho series.
- #1: Alvin Ho: Allergic to Girls, School, and Other Scary Things (Paperback): $6.99
- #2: Alvin Ho: Allergic to Camping, Hiking, and Other Natural Disasters (Paperback): $6.99
- #3: Alvin Ho: Allergic to Birthday Parties, Science Projects, and Other Man-made Catastrophes (Paperback): $6.99
- #4: Alvin Ho: Allergic to Dead Bodies, Funerals, and Other Fatal Circumstances (Paperback): $6.99
- #6: Alvin Ho: Allergic to the Great Wall, the Forbidden Palace, and Other Tourist Attractions (Paperback): $6.99
Here is the fifth book in the beloved and hilarious Alvin Ho chapter book series, which has been compared to Diary of a Wimpy Kid and is perfect for beginning and reluctant readers.
Alvin, an Asian American second grader who's afraid of everything, has started to notice his mother getting bigger . . . and bigger. Alvin's sure it's all the mochi cakes she's been eating, but it turns out she's pregnant! There are lots of scary things about babies, as everybody knows. There's learning CPR for the newborn and changing diapers (no way). But the scariest thing of all is the fact that the baby could be a GIRL. As a result of the stress, Alvin puts on a few pounds and—in one hilarious misunderstanding—worries that he might actually be pregnant, too!
From Lenore Look and New York Times bestselling illustrator LeUyen Pham comes a drop-dead-funny and touching series with a truly unforgettable character.
“Shares with Diary of a Wimpy Kid the humor that stems from trying to manipulate the world.” —Newsday
“Alvin’s a winner.” —New York Post
About the Author
Lenore Look is the author of the popular Alvin Ho series, as well as the Ruby Lu series. She has also written several acclaimed picture books, including Henry’s First-Moon Birthday, Uncle Peter’s Amazing Chinese Wedding, and Brush of the Gods. Lenore lives in Hoboken, New Jersey.
LeUyen Pham is the illustrator of the Alvin Ho series, as well as The Best Birthday Party Ever by Jennifer LaRue Huget; Grace for President by Kelly DiPucchio, a New York Times bestseller; and the Freckleface Strawberry series by Julianne Moore. She is the author and illustrator of the picture books Big Sister, Little Sister and All the Things I Love About You. LeUyen lives in San Francisco. Learn more at leuyenpham.com.