Annie's Adventures (The Sisters Eight #1) (Paperback)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 1 in the The Sisters Eight series.
- #2: Durinda's Dangers (The Sisters Eight #2) (Paperback): $6.99
- #3: Georgia's Greatness (The Sisters Eight #3) (Paperback): $6.99
- #4: Jackie's Jokes (The Sisters Eight #4) (Paperback): $6.99
- #5: Marcia's Madness (The Sisters Eight #5) (Paperback): $6.99
- #6: Petal's Problems (The Sisters Eight #6) (Paperback): $5.99
- #7: Rebecca's Rashness (The Sisters Eight #7) (Hardcover): Email or call for price.
- #8: Zinnia's Zaniness (The Sisters Eight #8) (Paperback): $6.99
- #9: The Final Battle...for Now (The Sisters Eight #9) (Paperback): $6.99
You must see the problem here. Eight little girls on their own, no mommy or daddy to take care of them. This is not a good thing.
So now these little girls, must take care of themselves. Get to school, cook the meals, feed the cats (eight of them, too), and pay the bills. They can’t ask for help, oh no. Any self-respecting adult would surely call in social services, and those well-meaning people would have to split them up. After losing their parents, being split up would be completely unbearable.
At the same time, the question remains:What happened to Mommy and Daddy? The Sisters Eight (as they are called, affectionately and otherwise) are determined to find out. Luckily, they do seem to have someone or something helping them. Notes keep appearing behind a loose brick in the fireplace.
It’s a good old-fashioned mystery with missing (or dead) parents, nosy neighbors, talking refrigerators, foul-smelling fruitcake (is there any other kind?), and even a little magic. Eight little girls, eight cats, and one big mystery—let the fun begin!
Annie’s Adventures, wherein the girls’ parents go missing (or die) and the girls learn each one has a power and gift. Annie, being the oldest, is the first to discover hers.
About the Author
Lauren Baratz-Logsted has written books for all ages. Her books for children and young adults include the Sisters Eight series, The Education of Bet and Crazy Beautiful. She lives with her family in Danbury, Connecticut.