Outdoor School: Tree, Wildflower, and Mushroom Spotting: The Definitive Interactive Nature Guide (Paperback)
With 448 full-color, highly-illustrated pages, Outdoor School is your indispensable tool for the outdoors.
This interactive field guide to plant and mushroom spotting includes:
- Immersive activities to get you exploring
- Write-in sections to journal about experiences
- Next-level adventures to challenge even seasoned nature lovers.
No experience is required—only curiosity and courage. Inside you’ll find easy-to-follow instructions on how to:
- Grow mushrooms with cardboard
- Compare bark types
- Count tree rings
- Survey leaf patterns
- Create fern spore prints
- Press and preserve wildflowers
And so much more!
John D. Dawson has created art spanning over four decades, from early years in advertising art to freelance work for the US Postal Service, National Park Service, United Nations, National Wildlife Federation, National Geographic Society, the Audubon Society, and the Golden Guide books. He and his wife Kathleen have lived on the Big Island of Hawaii since 1989.