Strengths-Based Teaching-Learning: A Restorative Approach to Advance Educational Equity (Paperback)
The book maps out a transformative framework to support educators in nurturing young people's academic and socioemotional development, ultimately contributing to a restorative approach to equitable education. This involves educators making a paradigm shift to a strengths-based educational philosophy that emphasizes these strategies:
- Employ strengths-based teaching-learning practices to build teacher-student connections that improve student learning.
- Cultivate self-regulated learning to support academic engagement and performance.
- Tap into youths' cognitive abilities using the multiple intelligences approach to accelerate learning.
- Foster resilient learners to support their academic success.
- Build educators' capacity to collaborate with a community of teacher learners who will make a strengths-based teaching
- Build teachers' ability to engage in ongoing reflection to support their implementation of strengths-based teaching and