Tuesday, June 30, 2020
Dear Wild Things,
We’ve had a few questions about our plans for reopening. For the safety of our staff and customers, Wild Rumpus will remain ONLINE ONLY through the end of the summer. We continue to offer no-contact curbside pickup from 1-3PM daily (more details HERE).
While we miss talking to our customers face-to-face, a visit to Wild Rumpus is an immersive, interactive experience, and one that is difficult to envision with proper social distancing measures in place. We continue to offer online book recommendations and virtual book club meetings, and will be amping up our virtual event and story time schedule soon.
Please note that our recycled book program is also temporarily suspended while our storefront is closed to the public.
Thank you for your understanding, and for your continued support. We love you so.
-The Wild Rumpus Staff
Monday, May 18th, 2020
Hello Wild Things,
Today marks the lifting of the Stay at Home order in Minnesota, and although we miss you all, Wild Rumpus will remain closed to the public for the time being. Following the chicken, cuddling with Eartha and Booker, meeting up with friends and family, and leisurely browsing our shelves are all experiences that make a visit to Wild Rumpus unique and fun, but that we cannot currently share while maintaining safe social distancing.
For now, we ask that you continue to support our store with your online orders, and to make things easier we are extending our contact-less curbside pickup hours to 1-3 PM daily. Please continue to visit our website, and follow us on Instagram or Facebook, where we are finding new ways to engage with our beloved community through virtual story times, author visits, book groups, and more! Thank you all for your continued support and patience, we love you so!
Going forward, please note the following:
- For safety reasons, we never have more than one person working in the store at a time. Please bear with us as we ask you to place all orders online, and send your questions or recommendation requests to us via email. Our at-home staffer will respond to your orders and emails in a timely manner!
- You can expect an email about your order within 24 hours of placing it. Please be sure to check and respond to those emails, as email is our primary mode of communication.
- We have Contactless Curbside Pickup! Here's how it works:
- Select "IN-STORE PICKUP" as your delivery option at checkout
- Wait for a message from us confirming that your order is READY TO BE PICKED UP (this is not the same as the email you will receive when we begin to process your order)
- Stop by the store between 1-3pm, daily
- Call us (612-920-5005) to tell us that you're here! For best social distancing practice, please wait in your car or near the benches outside our front door.
- Our bookseller will set your bag on the doorstep outside the front door. Once they have returned inside, come get your books!
If you'd like book recommendations:
- Check out our Store Picks tab to find lists of favorites for all ages and interests!
- Still not finding the perfect book? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you within 24 hours with a specific book list.